5 cups chicken stock
1 tsp saffron threads
1 tbsp olive oil
2 chorizo sausages thinly sliced
1 large onion finely chopped
2 cloves garlic crushed
2 red capsicums finely chopped
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp ground cumin
2 cups medium grain rice
2 tbsp lemon juice
500 g raw, peeled medium king prawns tails intact
500 g pot-ready mussels
1 cup frozen peas
¼ bunch fresh parsley to garnish
1 lemon cut into wedges to garnish
- Bring stock and saffron to boil in a large saucepan. Remove from heat. Strain, reserving stock. Cover to keep warm.
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Cook chorizo for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Remove.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan. Add onion, garlic and capsicums. Cook, stirring, until soft. Add paprika and cumin. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute, until fragrant. Stir in rice, juice and warm stock. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil. Simmer, covered, over a medium heat for about 20 minutes, or until rice is tender. Arrange chorizo, prawns, mussels and peas over top.
- Cover pan. Cook for 10 minutes, or until prawns and mussels are cooked.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon wedge.