‘I will contact them tomorrow but just a heads up if you go tone recently. I will keep you all posted.
Another shopper said she’d experienced a similar problem, leading Kmart to investigate.
‘I had the microwave convection oven and it did the same thing and broke the glass,’ said the Kmart Hacks & Decor member. ‘I took it back and they gave me a new one (They did a report as it could be a faulty batch). I haven’t had a new one had it for months now.’
Other followers reported having other issues with the appliance.
Said one: ‘I returned the same one earlier this year as the metal came away inside the door and it started sparking .....’
Added another: ‘A week of having it, caught on fire on the second use, we took it back got a refund.’
Said a third: ‘I had mine for three weeks and it short circuited and tripped the house.’
Added one more: ‘My dad had this issue. The inside heated up and was burning. He took it back and complained.’
Other shoppers, however, revealed that they hadn’t had any problems with their Kmart microwave leading some to wander if Erin’s damaged appliance was part of a ‘bad batch.’ The microwave has also received a five-star rating on Kmart’s website, based on 16 reviews.
‘I’ve had it for about 5 months now and not a single problem,’ said one follower.
New Idea Food has reached out to Kmart for comment.