200 g unsalted butter, softened, chopped
100 g white chocolate, broken into pieces
220 g block Caramello Chocolate or other caramel filled milk chocolate bar, broken into pieces
200 ml water
380 g tin Nestle Caramel Top 'n' Fill
¼ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup plain flour, sifted
1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
50 g ready-popped sweet caramel popcorn
- Preheat oven to 150ºC and line the base and sides of a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper.
- Place the butter, white chocolate and Caramello chocolate into a large saucepan and add water. Cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the butter and chocolate have melted and ingredients are combined. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, pour the Caramel Top n Fill into a small bowl and whisk until a smooth consistency. Add 3/4 of the Top n Fill (approx. 200g), brown sugar and vanilla extract to the saucepan with the melted ingredients. Whisk to combine. Alternatively, you can transfer all of the ingredients to the bowl of an electric mixer if you prefer not to combine them by hand.
- Add the eggs to the chocolate mixture and mix to combine. Then add the flours and whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into the cake tin you prepared earlier. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Every oven is different, so test by inserting a skewer into the centre of the cake – the skewer should come out with moist crumbs on it.
- Once the cake has cooled completely top it with the remaining Caramel Top & Fill and decorate with caramel popcorn.