6 x 200 g beef sirloin steak
½ cup teriyaki marinade
Soba Noodle Salad
270 g packet dried soba noodles
5 green spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
2 carrots, peeled, cut into thin matchsticks
2 Lebanese cucumbers, halved, thinly sliced diagonally
⅓ cup lemon juice
2 tbsp teriyaki marinade
1 tbsp caster sugar
2 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- Coat steaks in marinade in a bowl. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour.
- To make salad, cook noodles in a saucepan of boiling water for about 3 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well. Place in a large bowl with onions, carrots and cucumber.
- Combine juice, marinade, sugar, ginger and oil in a small jug. Drizzle over salad. Toss to combine. Sprinkle with seeds.
- Drain steak from marinade. Heat an oiled grill pan over a medium to high heat. Add steaks. Cook on one side until first signs of moisture appear. Turn steaks once only. Test for degree of doneness with the back of tongs. Rare is soft, medium feels springy and well done is very firm. Remove. Rest, covered loosely with foil, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Thickly slice streaks. Serve with salad.