800 g trimmed skirt steak
¼ cup olive oil
2 red onions thinly sliced
1 red capsicum thinly sliced
1 green capsicum thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
1 tsp mexican chilli powder
salt and pepper to taste
8 x 20cm round soft flour tortillas warmed
1 cup sour cream to serve
½ cup grated cheddar cheese to serve
½ cup thick and chunky salsa to serve
¼ cup tequila
2 tblsps worcestershire sauce
1 onion finely sliced
5 cloves garlic chopped
2 tsps mexican chilli powder
¼ cup coriander root and stem chopped
- To make marinade, place all ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Place beef in a medium bowl. Add marinade. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
- Remove beef. Drain well. Drizzle each side with 1 tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a barbecue grill or char-grill plate until hot. Add beef. Cook on one side until first signs of moisture appear. Turn steaks once only. Test steaks for degree of doneness with the back of tongs. Rare is soft, medium feels springy and well done is very firm. Remove to a plate. Cover loosely with foil. Rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil on a barbecue flat plate or frying pan over medium to high heat. Add onions, capsicums, garlic and powder. Cook, stirring for about 5 minutes, or until just tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut beef across the grain, into 1cm wide strips. Arrange on a platter with onion mixture.
- Serve with warm tortillas, sour cream, cheese and salsa.