Did you know that cheesecake could be slow cooked? It makes the process less-effort. Try this twist on a fave classic and up your cheesecake recipe game!
½ x 250 g packet butternut snap cookies
½ cup roasted almonds
50 g unsalted butter, melted
2 x 250 g blocks cream cheese, chopped, room temperature
1 cup caster sugar
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
250 g tub sour cream
2 Tbsp plain flour
2 cups frozen blueberries
½ cup caster sugar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp cornflour
- Invert base of a 20cm round springform pan (base measuring 18cm). Grease and line base and side with baking paper. Cover outside of pan in two layers of plastic wrap, then foil.
- Process biscuits and almonds in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter. Process until combined. Press over base of prepared pan. Refrigerate.
- Process cream cheese, sugar and rind in same, clean food processor until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, processing until combined. Add sour cream and flour. Process until smooth. Pour over biscuit base.
- Place a small, heatproof bowl (4cm deep) upside down in the centre of a removable bowl of a 5 to 6-litre slow cooker. Sit springform pan on the bowl. Pour in enough boiling water (about 5 cups), until it touches the base of the springform pan. Cover slow cooker with lid.
- Cook on high for about 2 hours and 30 minutes, or until set. Remove. Stand cheesecake in springform pan for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make sauce, combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Stir over a medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boil. Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Serve warm cheesecake with warm sauce.