Says the Facebook page: ‘I jumped on the Carbonara band wagon today after seeing everyone say how good it is and well now I know why... it’s amazing!! 😍🤤👌🏼 Wish I tried it sooner ha ha.
‘I was a little worried about cooking the pasta in the slow cooker but I followed the times on the recipe and it turned out perfect and plenty of sauce still 👍🏼.’
Other followers mentioned how they’d also tried the recipe - with amazing results.
‘I made this how amazing is it 😍😍😍,’ said one. Added another: ‘It’s soooo yummy 😋’
Said a third: ‘Easily the best carbonara I’ve ever had!’
See below for the full recipe and instructions - and don’t forget to head to the group’s Facebook page for more!
Slow Cooker Pasta Carbonara
Recipe courtesy of Slow Cooker Recipe & Tips
* 1kg chicken thighs, diced
* 300g bacon, diced
* 400g mushrooms, sliced
* 1 onion, diced
* 3 teaspoons minced garlic
* 2 cans of Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup
* 2x 600ml thickened cream
* 1 Chicken Stock Cube
* 1 packet 500g penne pasta
* Add chicken, onion, bacon, garlic, mushrooms, stock cube into 6L slow cooker.
* Pour over soups.
* Add cream
* Stir together
* Cook on LOW for 4 hours
* Put pasta (uncooked) in slow cooker
* Gently combine
* Cook on HIGH for a further 1.5 hours in slow cooker and serve.