Says one mum: ‘Just made play dough and it turned out amazing. 👏👌
I didn't have plain flour but seemed to work out fine with self raising. The texture is soooo smooth.
‘Will be making some more for the kiddies .’
Said another mum: ‘Thanks so much for sharing, tried this today and the kids love it!’
So how do you make it? This mum shared her technique below - and it sounds SO easy!
Slow Cooker Play Dough
This recipe is courtesy of the Slow Cooker Recipe & Tips Facebook group - click here for more amazing ideas!
2 cups flour
1/2 cup salt
4 tbsp cream of tartar
2 cups water
2 tbsp oil
1-2 tsp food colouring
1. Combine flour, salt and cream of tartar in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl combine the water, oil and food colouring.
3. Pour dry ingredients mix into the slow cooker bowl, add wet ingredients mix and combine thoroughly.
4. Place tea towel under lid and cook on HIGH for 45-60mins, stirring often for the first half hour of cooking time, then once or twice for remaining cooking time.
5. Dough will be done when it forms and no longer sticks to the sides of your slow cooker.
6. You can test this by taking a small amount out, form into ball and cool in freezer for a few minutes. When it's ready this won't stick to your fingers when you handle it. This small test ball can then be returned to the mix.
7. Remove complete mix from slow cooker, knead and place in container to cool.
8 When cool, store in fridge in your plastic air tight container.
* This makes 1kg of play dough.
* Vary the colours you use to make various coloured doughs. Add glitter for extra sparkle if desired.
This recipe is courtesy of the Slow Cooker Recipes & Tips Facebook group - click here for more amazing ideas!