So how do you make it? The Facebook page has listed the recipe below, but basically it involves placing a layer of Potato Gems - available in the freezer section of your local supermarket - on the bottom and sides of the slow cooker and then adding a bacon, cheese and onion quiche mixture to the centre. You then place it in the slow cooker for two and a half hours and Bob’s your uncle. Love it!
Here’s the recipe - and for more, don’t forget to head over to the Slow Cooker Recipe & Tips Facebook page!
Slow Cooker Potato Gem
* Potato Gems
* Bacon, chopped
* 8 Eggs
* 1/2 cup Milk
* Onion, chopped
* Grated Cheese
1. Put baking paper in slow cooker
2. Put a layer of Potato Gems
3. Then as much bacon as you want
4. Sprinkle cheese and onion over the bacon
5. Whisk 8 eggs with 1/2 cup of milk and pour into your slow cooker
6. Place tea towel under the lid and cook on high 2 1/2 hours.