2 x 1.3 kg lamb shoulders, bone in
4 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 tub tzatziki to serve
1 lemon cut into wedges to serve
1 packet rocket leaves to serve
- Trim excess fat from lamb. Place fat-side down in a greased roasting pan.
- Combine garlic, oil, juice and oregano in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Rub over lamb. Pour enough cold water into pan to just cover base. Cover tightly with a double layer of foil.
- Cook in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 3 hours, turning over halfway through cooking, or until lamb is tender. Remove foil.
- Increase oven to hot (200C). Cook lamb for 15 minutes or until crisp.
- Serve lamb with tzatziki, rocket and lemon wedges.