2 cups plain flour
½ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp baking powder
175 g cold butter, chopped
180 g packet smoked cheddar, finely grated
¾ cup finely grated parmesan
¼ cup milk
Green grapes, to serve
Quince paste, to serve
Vintage cheese, to serve
- Grease two large oven trays. Line with baking paper.
- Process flour, paprika, powder and butter in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add cheddar and parmesan. Pulse until just combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add milk. Stir mixture with a table knife until it starts to come together. Transfer to a lightly floured bench. Knead until smooth.
- Divide mixture in half. Roll each portion into a 20cm log shape. Wrap in plastic wrap. Freeze for about 30 minutes, or until firm.
- Cut each log into 1cm-thick rounds. Place, 3cm apart, on prepared oven trays.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp, swapping trays halfway through cooking. Cool on trays.
- Serve biscuits with grapes, quince paste and vintage cheese.