2 x 200 g packets smoked salmon slices
200 ml tub crème fraîche
⅓ cup finely chopped fresh chives
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
Salt and pepper, to taste
Avocado radish salsa
1 avocado, finely chopped
1 Lebanese cucumber, deseeded, finely chopped
2 radishes, finely chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 small sourdough baguettes
½ cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Place the salmon on a chopping board and finely chop. Transfer to a large bowl with crème fraiche, chives and rind. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Divide among 15 glasses (100ml-capacity). Place on a tray. Cover and refrigerate.
To make baguette toasts, cut baguettes diagonally into thin slices (about 65). Brush combined oil and garlic over both sides of slices. Place on two large oven trays in a single layer.
- Cook in a slow oven (150C), turning bread slices and swapping trays halfway through cooking, for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Remove and cool on trays.
- To make salsa, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Gently stir to combine. Spoon salsa evenly over salmon mixture.
- Serve with baguette toasts.