150 g water crackers
Dill sprigs, to garnish
Lemon wedges, to serve
Smoked salmon cheese log
200 g sliced smoked salmon
250 g block cream cheese, chopped
2 tsp lemon juice
2 eschallots, finely chopped
Salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup finely chopped fresh chives
1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- To make cheese log, finely chop 75g of the salmon. Set remaining smoked salmon aside. Beat cheese and juice in a small bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in salmon and eschallots. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a 30cm sheet of foil on a bench. Spoon mixture down the centre to form a 25cm log-shape (5cm in diameter). Roll-up from one long side. Wrap tightly in foil. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight until firm. Remove foil.
- To make herb coating, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle over a clean sheet of foil. Roll cheese log over herbs until well coated. Roll-up in foil. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut remaining salmon into 2cm pieces. Cut cheese log into 5mm thick rounds.
- Just before serving, sandwich rounds between crackers. Arrange on a platter. Top with salmon pieces. Garnish with dill sprigs. Serve with lemon wedges.