1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 brown onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp harissa spice blend
1 kg orange sweet potato, peeled, chopped
1 salt-reduced vegetable stock cube
1.5 litre boiling water
olive oil cooking spray
20 g thinly sliced prosciutto
40 g roasted chick peas
pepper to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until the onion softens.
- Add paprika and harissa and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add sweet potato and stir to combine. Add combined stock cube and water. Cover and bring to a simmer over a high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes or until sweet potato is very tender.
- Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Transfer to a food processor or blender. Cover and process (in batches, if necessary) until smooth. Return to pan. Cook, stirring, over a low heat until heated through.
- Meanwhile, preheat a grill on medium. Line an oven tray with foil. Spray prosciutto with cooking spray and arrange on prepared tray. Transfer to grill and cook for 4-5 minutes or until prosciutto starts to darken and crisp. Set aside to cool. Break into pieces.
- Divide soup between bowls. Top with the prosciutto and chickpeas, sprinkle with pepper and serve.