1 quantity of biscuit dough (see below)
453 g tub vanilla frosting
20 gummy snakes
chocolate writing icing pen, to decorate
1 packet M&M's minis or mini-sized candy-coated chocolate pieces
orange nerd candies, to decorate
250 g unsalted butter, chopped at room temperature
⅔ cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 ¼ cups plain flour
¼ tsp baking powder
- To make dough: beat butter, sugar and vanilla in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Transfer to a large bowl. Add combined sifted flour and baking powder. Stir until well combined. Turn out onto a lightly floured bench. Bring together to form a soft dough. Divide in half. Wrap each portion in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm, before using.
- Roll out each portion of biscuit dough between two sheets of baking paper until ½cm thick.
- Using an 11cm snowman cookie cutter, cut out 20 shapes, re-rolling dough as necessary. Arrange 4cm apart on three large oven trays lined with baking paper.
- Cook two trays in a moderately slow oven (160C) for about 15 minutes, or until lightly golden, swapping trays halfway through. Stand on trays for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with remaining tray.
- To decorate, spread 1 tblsp frosting over each cookie. Wrap one snake around each snowman for a scarf. Pipe eyes using writing icing. Place nerds onto snowmen for the nose and M&M’s Minis for buttons.