Sour Patch Australia want you to join their team as a volunteer taste-tester on an exclusive panel.
The ideal candidate possesses the following skills:
- A high tolerance to sour flavours
- The ability to eat an entire lemon without pulling an extreme ‘sour face’
- Being able to ‘taste like a washing machine’. This requires the kind of tongue gymnastics those who know how to tie a snake lolly in their mouth would excel at! This is described as “using your tongue to mimic the action of clothes going around in a washing machine”
- Willingness to unashamedly screw up your face for at least 5 seconds
- A commitment to regular palate cleansing with water and crackers
This position follows the launch of the new Sour Patch Max lollies, which come in five sour fruit jelly flavours including raspberry, lime, lemon, orange and blackcurrant.
Given that Coles and Woolies will soon be lacking in Starburst, it’s good to have a new option to fill the gap in our sweet tooths.
“Sour Specialists on the panel will need to prepare for watery eyes and extreme scrunched up faces from the super sour then sweet flavour punch,” said Head Sour Taster at Sour Patch Australia, Sarah Calman.
“We are currently working on some exciting new sour sensation products that will blow fans’ socks off.”
We would absolutely sacrifice our taste buds for the good of Aussie lollies…
Sour Patch Max is available now at Woolworths, other major supermarkets, and selected independent convenience stores across Australia.
Head to www.facebook.com/sourpatchanz to apply to join as a Sour Specialist with Sour Patch.
Successful applicants will be notified by June 8, 2018.
Sydney-based Hannah Oakshott is a tea-obsessed pop culture enthusiast who can usually be found showing people pictures of her two miniature schnauzers or baking sweet, lemony food. Hannah is on Instagram @hannah.mareeee