2 carrots (250g)
¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
⅔ cup vegetable oil
1 ⅓ cups self-raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground nutmeg
½ cup canned crushed pineapple in juice, drained
chopped, ginger, to decorate
250 g cream cheese block, room temperature
1 cup icing sugar mixture
2 tsp lemon juice
- Line a 12-hole muffin pan (1/3-cup capacity) with paper cases.
- Trim and peel carrots. Coarsely grate. You will need 2 cups firmly packed carrot.
- Beat eggs, sugar and oil in small bowl of an electric mixer for about 3 minutes, or until thick and pale. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add combined sifted flour, soda and spices with carrot and pineapple. Fold until just combined. Divide mixture evenly among paper cases.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180°c) for about 18 minutes, or until cakes spring back when lightly touched. Stand in pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To make frosting, beat cream cheese and icing sugar in clean, small bowl of an electric mixer until smooth. Beat in juice.
- Spread frosting evenly over cupcakes. Decorate with ginger.