24 raw peeled and deveined prawns, tails intact
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 avocado, seeded, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
4 green spring onions, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
1 tbsp finely grated lime rind
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 baby cos lettuce, separated, washed, torn
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp coriander seeds
¼ tsp chilli flakes
2 tbsp Himalayan pink salt flakes
- To make spiced salt, lightly crush seeds and chilli flakes in a mortar and pestle.
- Add to a dry, large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook, stirring for about 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in salt.
- Toss prawns in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons spiced salt.
- Heat oil in same frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add prawns in two batches. Cook, turning once, for about 4 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to a large bowl. Add avocado, tomato, onions with combined rind, juice and oil. Gently toss to combine.
- Arrange lettuce on a serving platter. Top with prawn mixture.