800 g canned Mexican-style red kidney beans
230 g white corn tortillas
250 g grated tasty cheese
1 large tomato
1 large avocado
1 bunch fresh coriander
- Heat beans according packet directions.
- Arrange half the corn strips over base of an ovenproof dish (8-cup capacity). Spoon over half the beans. Sprinkle with ¾ cup cheese. Repeat layering with remaining corn strips and beans and another ¾ cup cheese.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Chop tomato and avocado into 2cm pieces. Place in a bowl. Roughly chop enough coriander to measure 1/3 cup. Add to bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with nachos and sour cream (optional).