lime wedges, to serve
parsley leaves, to garnish
Jalapeno lime yoghurt
1 cup Greek yoghurt
¼ cup jalapeno peppers, drained, chopped
1 tbsp lime juice
Salt and peper, to taste
750 g beef mince
1 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
½ cup dried breadcrumbs
¾ cup grated Parmesan
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
40 g packet taco seasoning mix
- To make jalapeno lime yoghurt, combine all ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- To make meatballs, place all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Roll 2 tbsp of mixture into balls (Makes about 24).
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add meatballs in two batches. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 6 minutes, until browned. Transfer to an oiled oven tray.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 10 minutes, or until cooked.
- Serve meatballs with yoghurt and lime wedges. Garnish with parsley.