Spicy Salmon with Vermicelli Noodle Salad
*Serves 4, *Prep and Cook: 20 mins
- 150g vermicelli bean
- thread noodles
- 4 x 150g skinless salmon fillets, bones removed
- 2 cups shredded carrot (180g)
- 2 small Lebanese cucumbers, halved, thinly sliced
- 4 green spring onions,
- thinly sliced diagonally
- ¼ cup tonkatsu sauce
- 1 tblsp sriracha sauce
- 2 tblsps honey
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 2 tblsps sesame seeds, toasted
- Place noodles in a large, heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 10 minutes. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well. Return to bowl. Cut into shorter lengths, using kitchen scissors.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add salmon. Cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove.
- Add carrot, cucumber and onions to noodles in bowl. Toss well.
- Combine sauces and honey in a small jug. Mix well.
- Serve salmon with salad and lime wedges. Drizzle with sauce mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Tonkatsu sauce is a Japanese-style barbecue sauce with a sweet and salty flavour, available in major supermarkets.
For more quick and easy recipes, pick up your copy of 20 Minute Meals, available at selected newsagents and supermarkets or online for just $9.99.