250 g tub cottage cheese
½ cup shredded Parmesan
3 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup self-raising flour
½ cup milk
150 g baby spinach leaves
salt and pepper to taste
250 g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
1 avocado, chopped
balsamic glaze, to serve
- Place cottage cheese, parmesan, eggs, flour and milk in a large bowl. Stir in 60g of the spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to low heat. Add 1/3 cup mixture. Spread evenly to about 10cm in diameter. Repeat to make another three fritters.
- Cook for 2 minutes. Turn over. Cook for a further 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from pan. Repeat with remaining mixture to make eight fritters in total.
- Combine tomatoes, avocado and remaining spinach in a medium bowl. Drizzle with glaze.
- Serve fritters with salad.