1 tblsps olive oil
1 onion chopped
3 garlic cloves crushed
200 g pancetta
1 kg pork and veal mince
2 tblsps chopped fresh basil
2 x 700 g jars passata)
¼ cup tomato paste (65 g)
150 g baby spinach leaves
375 g spreadable cream cheese
450 g packet fresh lasagne sheets
1 cup mozzarella grated (120 g)
¼ cup parmesan grated (50 g)
¼ bunch fresh basil leaves to garnish
1 packet mixed salad leaves to serve
- Grease a large rectangular ovenproof dish (18-cup capacity).
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add onion, garlic and pancetta. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is soft. Add mince and oregano. Cook, stirring for about 5 minutes, or until mince is changed in colour. Add passata and paste. Bring to boil. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until thickened.
- To assemble lasagne, spread ½ cup mince mixture over base of dish. Layer a quarter of the pasta sheets over top, trimming to fit. Layer one-third of the spinach then quarter of the mince mixture over pasta. Drop spoonfuls of quarter of the cream cheese over mince. Repeat, making two more layers.
- Top with remaining pasta sheets. Spread with remaining mince mixture and dollop with remaining cream cheese. Sprinkle with combined cheeses.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 30 minutes, or until pasta is tender. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Top with basil leaves. Serve with a green salad.