2 kg chicken butterflied
800 g butternut pumpkin cut into thin wedges
1 medium red onion cut into 1cm wedges
olive oil spray
¼ tsp dried chilli flakes
salt and pepper to taste
2 zucchini thickly sliced (300 g)
250 g cherry tomatoes
1 lime cut into wedges to serve
2 tbsp soy sauce (or gluten-free alternative)
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
½ tsp Chinese five-spice powder
2 tsp grated fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves crushed
To make marinade, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well. Brush over chicken. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Place pumpkin and onion in a lightly oiled roasting pan. Spray with oil. Sprinkle with chilli. Season with salt and pepper. Place chicken on top, skin-side up.
- Cook in a very hot oven (240C) for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to hot (200C). Brush some of the remaining marinade over chicken. Cook for a further 30 to 35 minutes until chicken is golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover lightly with foil. Rest for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Add zucchini and tomatoes to same roasting pan. Spoon over the cooking juices.
- Return roasting pan to same oven. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve chicken and vegetables with lime wedges.