3 cloves garlic
1 fresh long red chilli
1 lemongrass stalk, white part only
5 cm piece fresh turmeric or 1 tsp ground turmeric
120 g coconut palm sugar
150 g Chinese black vinegar
20 g fish sauce
20 g sesame oil
1 tsp ground white pepper
2 tsp cornflour
500 g minced pork
½ small cabbage, cut into pieces
2 - 3 spring onions
½ cup loosely packed coriander, leaves only
½ cup loosely packed mint, leaves only
½ cup bean sprouts
½ cup roasted peanuts
½ packet dried rice flat noodles
1 lime, cut into wedges
Place all dressing ingredients into the Thermomix bowl. Blend 10 sec/speed 9. Remove most of the dressing from bowl and set aside.
- Add pepper and cornflour to bowl. Blend 6 sec/speed 6. Scrape down lid and sides of bowl.
- Place pork into Thermomix bowl. Mix through most of the dressing 3 sec/Reverse/speed 2. Allow to marinate for 10 minutes or longer if possible.
- Sauté pork 10 min/Varoma/Butterfly/speed 2. Remove from bowl and set aside.
- To prepare noodles, place into insulated serving bowl and cover with hot water for 5 minutes or until cooked. Drain before adding to salad.
- Place cabbage pieces (no more than 250g at a time) and spring onions into the Thermomix bowl with a little drizzle of dressing. Chop 4 sec/speed 4 with the aid of the spatula.
- Arrange on serving platter. Place pork on top, with noodles, herb leaves, bean sprouts and peanuts. Drizzle with remaining dressing and serve immediately with lime wedges.