1 cup dried borlotti beans
400 g packet fresh chopped soup vegetable mix
6 cloves garlic, crushed
2 x 540 g vegetable pasta sauce
1½ litres (6 cups) vegetable stock
¾ cup mini farfalle pasta
Crusty bread, to serve (optional)
- Place beans in a large bowl. Cover with cold water. Stand, covered, at room temperature to soak overnight.
- Drain beans. Rinse well under cold water. Place in a removable bowl of a 5 to 6-litre capacity slow cooker.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add vegetables and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until soft. Transfer to slow cooker with sauce and stock. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low heat for about 8 hours, or until beans are tender. Add pasta. Cook, covered, for a further 30 minutes or until tender.
- Serve soup with crusty bread.