With warmer weather on the way, it's time to enjoy this season's best! These are perfect little cups for entertaining, and they're very classy!
2 x 250 g punnets fresh strawberries, hulled
1 ½ tsp powdered gelatine
2 Tbsp water
3 egg yolks
½ cup caster sugar
⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
aerosol whipped cream, to serve
- Cut 1½ punnets of the strawberries in half. Reserve remaining strawberries for decoration and refrigerate. Process halved strawberries in a food processor until smooth. Strain. Discard seeds. You will need 2/3 cup puree.
- Sprinkle gelatine over water in a small, heatproof jug. Stand jug in a medium saucepan of simmering water. Stir until gelatine is dissolved. Remove. Cool to room temperature. Stir into the strawberry puree
- Make lemon curd by combining yolks, sugar and juice in a medium heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over same pan of simmering water. Whisk constantly until slightly thickened. Remove bowl from heat. Cool down to room temperature.
- Beat cream in a bowl with electric mixer until firm peaks form. Fold in lemon curd.
- Divide mixture evenly between two bowls. Fold puree into one half until combined.
- Divide lemon mixture among six serving glasses (200ml capacity). Top with strawberry mixture. Refrigerate for about 4 hours, or overnight until set.
- Serve mousse topped with whipped cream and reserved quartered strawberries.