Desserts don’t come much smoother than this sweet mix of white chocolate, cream and a delicate seedless strawberry puree.
¼ cup caster sugar
3 x 250 g punnets strawberries, hulled, roughly chopped, plus extra to serve
¼ cup water
300 ml thickened cream
200 g white chocolate, melted, cooled
¼ cup fresh mint leaves finely shredded to serve
- Combine sugar, strawberry and water in a medium saucepan over a medium heat and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until berries are soft.
- Press hot mixture through a fine sieve over a large bowl to remove seeds, then set aside to cool completely. Discard seeds. Put 250ml of the strawberry puree into a jug and reserve any excess for another use.
- Put cream in a large bowl and whisk until soft peaks form. Put melted chocolate in a second large bowl. Fold ½ of the cream into melted chocolate.
- Once smooth, fold in remaining cream and strawberry puree.
- Divide strawberry mixture among four 200ml glasses and refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Top with diced strawberries and shredded and whole mint leaves. Serve immediately.