2¼ cups self-raising flour
2 tbsp icing sugar mixture
75 g cold unsalted butter, chopped
1 cup sultanas
¾- 1 cup milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
100 g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
½ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1- 1½ tbsp milk
1 cup icing sugar mixture
- Grease base and side of a 22cm round cake pan. Line base with baking paper.
- Sift flour and sugar into a large bowl. Rub in butter with fingertips to form fine crumbs. Stir in sultanas. Make a well in the centre. Add ¾ cup milk. Using a table knife, gently stir until mixture comes together, adding extra milk as required.
- Turn mixture onto a lightly floured bench. Gently knead to form a smooth dough. Roll out to a 25cm x 35cm rectangle. Spread with cinnamon butter, leaving a 1cm border.
- Starting from one long side, roll up dough firmly to form a log. Trim ends. Cut into 3cm-thick slices. Arrange side-by-side, cut side up, in pan. Brush top with egg.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Stand for 10 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack to cool.
- To make cinnamon butter, beat ingredients in a small bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy.
- To make icing, stir just enough milk into sugar until a thick consistency. Spoon over bun.