2 cups sushi rice (400 g)
3.5 cups cold water (875 ml)
5 tbsp sushi seasoning
250 g spreadable cream cheese
2 tbsp fresh chives finely chopped
5 nori sheets
1.5 avocados thinly sliced
2 tbsp finely chopped pickled ginger
- Grease a 19cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above long edges of pan.
- Rinse rice under cold running water until water turns clear. Drain well. Place rice and cold water into a saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to a very low simmer. Simmer, uncovered, for 12 to 15 minutes. Cover pan. Remove pan from heat and stand for 10 minutes.
- Transfer rice to a large bowl. Gently stir in sushi seasoning with a large metal spoon. Spread rice out onto a large, clean tray. Cool completely.
- Combine cream cheese, chives and ginger in a medium bowl.
- Line base of prepared pan with 2 nori sheets, trimming to fit, shiny-side facing downwards. Spread half the rice over the nori, pressing down firmly with the back of a wet spoon. Spread with cream cheese mixture. Top with avocado then rice, pressing down firmly with the back of a wet spoon.
- Place remaining nori sheets on top of rice, trimming to fit, shiny-side facing upwards. Press down firmly. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours, or until firm.
- To serve, remove slice from pan. Using a sharp serrated knife dipped in boiling water, cut into 5cm squares. Cut each square diagonally in half to form triangles.