cooking oil spray, to grease
1 cup firmly packed, coarsely grated raw sweet potato
1 cup mashed ripe banana, plus extra 1
125 ml butter, melted, plus extra 1 tsp
3 free-range eggs
1 firmly packed cup brown sugar, plus extra 1 tsp
1 ½ cups plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra pinch
¾ cup icing sugar mixture
2 Tbsp passionfruit pulp
- Preheat oven to 180°C fanforced (200°C conventional). Grease a 20 x 10cm loaf tin with cooking oil. Line base and sides with baking paper.
- Put sweet potato, mashed banana, butter, eggs and brown sugar in a large bowl. Stir until combined.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and cinnamon and mix again until just combined (don’t over beat). Pour batter into prepared tin.
- Slice extra banana into long pieces on the diagonal and arrange on top of batter in a single layer. Sprinkle over extra brown sugar and extra cinnamon. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until golden brown and cooked when tested with a skewer. Set aside in tin for 15 minutes to cool then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, put icing sugar mixture, passionfruit pulp and extra melted butter in a large bowl and mix until combined and smooth.
- Drizzle icing generously over cooled cake and serve.