4 sweet potatoes, peeled
4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp ground cumin
Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
300 g dried green lentils, rinsed
1 bunch green kale, stems removed, torn into pieces
2 red onions, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely grated
2 small green chillies, thinly sliced
Finely grated zest and juice of ½ lemon
1 pinch sugar
140 g toasted pine nuts
½ bunch mint, leaves picked
3 Tbsp plain thick yoghurt
1½ Tbsp tahini
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Slice sweet potato into thick discs and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp of the olive oil. Add cumin, season with salt and pepper, then toss. Spread over a large oven tray. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, put lentils in a saucepan and cover with cold water, following pack instructions. Put over a high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil over a high heat. Add kale and cook for 2 minutes or until just tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain well and set aside.
- Put red onion, garlic, green chilli, lemon zest and juice, sugar and 1 Tbsp of the remaining oil in a large bowl. Season and toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine pine nuts, mint leaves and remaining olive oil.
- Combine yoghurt and tahini in a small bowl and season. Spread ¹⁄³ of the yoghurt mixture over base of a serving platter and lay sweet potato slices on top. Scatter over lentils and kale, then spoon onion mixture along top. Sprinkle over pine nut mixture and serve salad with remaining yoghurt mixture on the side.