1 small sweet potato (500 g), peeled, cut into 2 cm pieces
1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 bunch thin asparagus, trimmed
½ cup thickened cream
⅓ cup finely grated parmesan
1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
Baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Grease an 18cm x 28cm rectangular slice pan. Line base and two long sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Toss sweet potato and onion in garlic and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread over base of prepared pan.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 20 minutes, or until potato is just tender. Remove. Reduce oven to moderate (180C).
- Arrange asparagus crossways over potato and onion. Whisk eggs, cream, parmesan and thyme in a large jug. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over top.
- Cook in moderate oven (180C) for about 20 minutes, or until set. Remove. Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Serve frittata warm or cold with rocket.