2 x 100 g beef fillet mignon steaks, trimmed of fat
freshly ground black pepper
80 g (⅓ cup) frozen peas
20 g (1 cup) rocket leaves
1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
40 g snow peas, shredded
balsamic glaze, to serve
Sweet potato gratin
olive oil cooking spray
200 g sweet potato, peeled, thinly sliced
½ leek, thinly sliced into rounds
1 tsp cornflour or gluten-free cornflour
60 g (¼ cup) Philadelphia light cooking cream
80 ml (⅓ cup) skim milk
1 pinch ground nutmeg
30 g (¼ cup) reduced-fat grated cheese
- To make sweet potato gratin, preheat oven to 180°C (fan-forced). Spray 2 x 250ml (1-cup) ovenproof dishes with cooking spray. Bring a large saucepan of water with a steamer basket placed inside, to a simmer. Place potato and leek in the basket. Cover and steam for 10 minutes or until just tender.
- Layer potatoes and leek between the prepared dishes. Whisk cornflour, cream, milk and nutmeg in a small bowl. Pour evenly over vegetables. Place the dishes on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden on top.
- Meanwhile, preheat a chargrill pan over medium-high heat. Spray beef with cooking spray and season with pepper. Cook 2 minutes each side, for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and set aside.
- Cook peas in a small microwave dish on high/100% for 2 minutes. Combine peas, rocket, cucumber and snow peas in a bowl.
- Divide chargrilled beef and salad between serving plates and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve with sweet potato gratin.