1 large head cauliflower, stalk and larger leaves trimmed
1 tbsp tandoori spice mix or paste
1 tsp grated ginger
1 lemon, juiced
500 g Greek-style yoghurt
½ cucumber peeled and grated
small bunch mint finely chopped
a handful of coriander leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Put the cauliflower in a baking dish that fits fairly snugly but isn’t too deep.
- Mix the tandoori paste with the ginger and half the lemon juice. Add 200g of the yoghurt and some salt, and mix everything to a paste. Spread it carefully over the cauliflower, making sure the whole thing is covered.
- Bake cauliflower for 1 hour, and then test the centre with a knife – it should be tender; if not, keep cooking. The outside of the cauliflower should be nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining lemon juice and yoghurt with the cucumber (squeeze any liquid out before you add this), most of the mint, and half the coriander, and season well.
- Sprinkle the remaining coriander and mint over the cauliflower just before you serve it with the raita.