500 g beef mince
1 ½ cups fresh breadcrumbs
¼ cup mango chutney
2 Tbsp tandoori paste
1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
2 green spring onions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic,crushed
2 free-range eggs
salt and pepper to taste
3 frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
1 Lebanese cucumber
½ tsp table salt
1 cup Greek yoghurt
2 Tbsp finely chopped mint
- To make raita, trim and coarsely grate cucumber. Place in a sieve. Sprinkle with salt. Place sieve over a bowl. Stand for 5 minutes. Squeeze out excess moisture. Transfer cucumber to a bowl with yoghurt and mint. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- Combine beef, breadcrumbs, chutney, paste, carrot, onions, garlic and one of the eggs in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Cut an opening 6cm up from the tip of a new piping bag. Spoon beef mixture into bag. Twist top. Lightly beat remaining egg in a small bowl.
- Place pastry sheets on a flat surface. Cut in half lengthways. Pipe beef mixture down one long edge of each piece of pastry. Brush egg across the opposite long edge. Roll-up to enclose filling. Brush egg over each roll. Cut in half crossways.
- Place rolls, seam-side down, on two large oven trays lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 30 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and crisp. Serve with Raita.