600 g chicken thigh fillets
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp finely grated ginger
200 g packet dried Thai rice noodles, broken into smaller lengths
2 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
⅓ cup teriyaki marinade (+ teriyaki sauce)
1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut into 5cm lengths
- Trim chicken. Cut crossways into 3cm wide slices.
- Heat half the oil in a large, deep frying pan over a high heat. Add chicken in two batches. Cook, turning occasionally for about 5 minutes, or until browned. Remove.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining oil to pan with onion, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes, or until onion is soft. Return chicken with noodles and combined stock, sauce and 1⁄4 cup water.
- Bring to boil. Cover with lid. Gently boil for 2 minutes. Stir to combine. Re-cover. Gently boil for a further 5 minutes.
- Stir in broccolini and asparagus. Re-cover. Gently boil for 4 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and noodles and vegetables are tender.
- Serve immediately.