2 medium carrots
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
500 g chicken breast strips
1 onion, cut into thin wedges
250 g sugar snap peas, trimmed
⅓ cup teriyaki sauce
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp ginger paste
2 tsp garlic paste
2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
steamed baby bok choy, to serve
- Peel carrots. Cut in half lengthways. Cut carrots diagonally into slices.
- Heat 2 tsps of the oil in a large, non-stick wok over a high heat. Add chicken in two batches, adding another 2 tsps oil with second batch. Stir-fry for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned and just cooked. Remove.
- Heat remaining oil in same, hot wok. Add carrots and onion. Stir-fry over a high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until almost tender. Add peas. Stir-fry a further 1 minute.
- Return chicken to wok with combined sauce, sugar and pastes. Stir-fry until sauce is boiling and mixture is hot. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with seeds.
- Serve with steamed baby bok choy