‘Once cut into festive shapes, the biscuits can then be decorated using icing. For an extra special touch, you can even personalise each biscuit.’
Love it! Here’s the recipe to make at home - and if you want the Queen’s mince pie recipe, click here!
Ginger Bread Biscuits
Makes 10 (50mm Diameter) Cookies
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of mixed spice
- 100g unsalted butter
- 75g of dark brown soft sugar
- 25g granulated sugar for dusting
- 45g milk
- Icing to decorate
1. Sift together the flour and spices, add the diced butter and crumb together with your fingertips.
2. Add the milk to form a paste. Wrap in film and allow to rest for minimum 2 hours (best left over night)
3. Pre heat the oven to 180c
4. Roll out to approximately 3mm (but depends on the size of the cookie you wish to make), cut shapes out and lay on to greaseproof paper or silicon mat sprinkle with a little granulated sugar before baking at 180 degrees until set.
5. Allow to cool fully on a cooling rack before icing with your choice of design.Once the icing is completely dry, you can loop a ribbon through the biscuits and then hang them on the tree as decorations.