If you like Toblerones, this cheesecake recipe is a real treat. It only takes 30 minutes to prep – the hardest part is waiting for it to set before digging in!
250 g packet (un-iced) chocolate biscuits
75 g unsalted butter, melted
⅓ cup almond meal
whipped cream, to serve
400 g block Toblerone chocolate
2 x 250 g packet cream cheese, chopped at room temperature
¼ cup caster sugar
300 ml tub thickened cream
- Invert base of a 24cm round springform pan (base measures 22cm). Grease and line base with baking paper.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add butter and almond meal. Process until combined. Press over base and three-quarters of the way up side of prepared pan. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- To make filling, cut Toblerone in half and chop into pieces. Reserve remaining Toblerone for decoration. Place chopped Toblerone in a medium heatproof bowl. Sit bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir until melted and smooth. Remove bowl from heat. Cool.
- Beat cheese and sugar in a large bowl of an electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually beat in chocolate until combined. Beat cream in a small bowl of an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold into chocolate mixture until just combined. Spoon into biscuit crust. Smooth over top. Cover. Refrigerate overnight, or until firm.
- Remove side of pan. Transfer cheesecake to a serving plate. Decorate with remaining chopped Toblerone. Serve with whipped cream.