250 g unsalted butter, chopped, at room temperature
¾ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
¾ cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs, at room temperature
2 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups milk baking chocolate bits
- Grease and line four large oven trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter, sugars and extract in a small bowl of an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating between additions until just combined. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in combined sifted flour and powder with choc bits, in two batches, to form a soft dough.
- Spoon heaped tablespoons of mixture, about 5cm apart, onto prepared oven trays.
- Cook, two trays at a time, in a moderate oven (180C) for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown, swapping trays halfway through cooking. Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.