2 ½ cups self-raising flour
½ x 395 g tin sweetened condensed milk
½ cup caster sugar
250 g butter, softened
⅓ cup jam (we used raspberry)
- Preheat oven to 190°C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Sift the flour into the mixing bowl, then throw in all the other ingredients into the bowl (except the jam).
- Stir in an electric mixer on medium speed for approximately 1 minute until the dough is combined.
- Roll into small 3-4cm balls and place onto the lined baking tray.
- Using your thumb (or the back of a teaspoon) press a small indentation into the top of each biscuit.
- Spoon in a small amount of jam (about 1/2 a teaspoon) into each little well.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes or until golden. Watch your oven as they could need a little more or less time – just wait until you have a good colour on them.
- Remove biscuits from oven and allow to cool on a rack before eating. Put that kettle on for a cup of tea!