250 g bean shoots, rinsed, trimmed
2 green spring onions, finely sliced on the diagonal
1 Tbsp peanut oil
1 red onion, finely diced
2 carrots, diced or grated
1 cup green beans, cut into 1cm slices
225 g can sliced water chestnuts, drained
⅔ cup sweet chilli sauce
3 x 85 g cans Sirena soy and ginger tuna, undrained
3 baby gem lettuces, washed, leaves separated
1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
- Combine half the bean shoots with the green spring onions, and set side.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok or deep-sided frying pan. Add the red onion and carrots. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the beans, water chestnuts, remaining bean shoots, sweet chilli sauce and undrained tuna, flaked with a fork.
- Continue to cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until warmed through. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Arrange the lettuce leaves on a platter, with the bean shoot and green spring onion garnish and lime wedges. Serve with tuna mixture.
- Allow everyone at the table to help themselves, scooping the mixture into the lettuce leaves and topping with bean shoot mixture and a squeeze of lime.