3 middle bacon rashers, rind removed, cut into thirds
25 g spreadable butter
6 large slices wholegrain bread
2 tbsp cranberry sauce
120 g sliced turkey breast
1 small avocado, sliced
4 slices tasty cheese
1 large tomato, sliced
1 baby cos lettuce, trimmed, leaves separated
¼ cup whole mayonnaise
- Heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add bacon. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until crisp. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
- To assemble, spread butter over one side of four of the bread slices.
- Spread cranberry sauce over two of the buttered bread slices. Divide turkey and bacon over top. Place the other two buttered bread slices, facing down, over bacon.
- Divide avocado, cheese, tomato and lettuce leaves over top of turkey and bacon sandwiches. Spread mayonnaise over one side of the remaining two bread slices. Place bread, mayonnaise-side down, over lettuce.
- Using a serrated knife, cut sandwiches in half diagonally. Secure with toothpicks.