Now this is a party cake! With vanilla ice-cream and biscuity base, this impressive, colourful, unicorn-style cake is easy to make, it doesn't need to be baked!
250 g digestive biscuits
100 g butter, melted
2 litres vanilla ice-cream
assorted natural gel food colouring (we used violet, electric purple, pink and sky blue)
coloured sprinkles, to decorate
assorted sprinkles (such as hearts or stars)
- Place the ice-cream on your counter to soften slightly. Line a springform cake pan with baking paper.
- Place biscuits in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse once or twice until the crumbs are completely coated in the butter. Tip the biscuit mixture into the lined cake pan, and using a flat-bottomed glass, press the crumbs evenly into the pan to form the base.
- Once the ice-cream is soft enough to stir (but not too soft to be liquid) divid among four bowls. Add a drop of different coloured food colouring to each bowl and stir each until the colour is evenly distributed.
- Place a large spoonful of each colour on top of biscuit base, then repeat, alternating between each colour until all the ice-cream has been added. smooth the top, then take a chopstick or the handle of a spoon and swirl it through the ice-cream to combine the colours for a marble effect. Cover the top with varied sprinkles.
- Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours or until the ice-cream has completely set. When ready to serve, un-mould the cake from the tin, and cut into slices.