Now 7NEWS.com.au reports that her inbox was flooded with "hateful and nasty comments" after her story was brought to light, Kaley says, with many accusing her of not taking her allergies seriously.
But she says the cruel trolls won't deter her from raising awareness on the dangers of mislabelling potential allergens.
"The people who know me personally know how careful I am with my allergies," she told 7NEWS.com.au.
"I find it very interesting that people are attacking someone who made an honest and easy mistake that could’ve cost me or someone else their life.
"But I'm also glad it was me who copped the backlash because I'm strong enough to brush it off."
She says among the troll messages was a comment from the mother of a nine-year-old who had died from an anaphylactic reaction.
Isabel Marrero died when she ate a Cadbury choc chip cookie last March, given to her by her mother Helen.
Helen says her family's regular brand of egg-free biscuits were on the shelf next to those containing the allergen.
Kaley said Helen had reached out to her in support.
"(Helen messaged me) telling me that she’s proud of me for sharing my story and more needs to be done surrounding these issues.
"She also said she believes change will happen in time as long as what’s happened has been voiced.
"She told me 'be thankful you're still here' and to rest up."
Kaley says realising others had mistaken "Dairy Fine" for "dairy free" highlighted to her how important change is.
"I want it to be clear that I’m not blaming Aldi for my mistake, but I do believe the packaging was easily mistaken," she said.
She says she contacted the supermarket giant after hearing from Helen because she thinks raising the issue could "help save others".
The supermarket giant previously told 7NEWS.com.au the case would be reported to the health safety authority once it was brought to their attention by Kaley.