250 g unsalted butter, softened, chopped
200 g caster sugar
250 g self-raising flour, sifted
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
100 ml milk
450 g icing sugar mixture plus extra to serve
2 passionfruit, pulp removed
Juice of ½ lemon
Juice of ½ lime
100 g fresh raspberries plus extra to serve
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line 20 of the holes in two 12-hole (¹⁄³-cup capacity) muffin tins with paper cases.
- Put butter, eggs, caster sugar, flour, baking powder and vanilla in a food processor and process until smooth. With motor running, add milk and process until smooth. Divide mixture among cases in prepared tins until cases are two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until light golden and cooked when tested with a skewer. Remove from oven and transfer cakes to a wire rack. Set aside to cool completely.
- To make fruity icings, divide icing sugar among 3 bowls. Add passionfruit pulp to 1 bowl and stir to combine. To the second bowl, add lemon and lime juice and stir to combine. To the third bowl, add raspberries, then mash with a fork to crush and stir to combine. Add extra icing sugar to thicken fruity icings, if desired.
- Use a palette or blunt-edged knife to ice cakes with fruity icings. Top raspberry-iced cakes with extra raspberries. Serve.