12 filo pastry sheets
cooking oil spray
1 litre (4 cups) lite milk
⅓ cup caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup custard powder
¼ cup cornflour
¾ cup low-fat vanilla yoghurt
1 tbsp icing sugar mixture
1 tsp cinnamon
- Grease a deep 20cm square cake pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 3cm above pan edges.
- Layer six sheets of pastry together, spraying in between each layer with oil. Cut to a 22cm square. Repeat with remaining pastry and oil spray. Place pastry squares on two oven trays lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 10 minutes, or until golden. Cool.
- Stir milk, sugar and vanilla in a large saucepan over a medium heat until hot.
- Combine custard powder and cornflour in a large heatproof bowl. Gradually whisk in hot milk mixture, then yoghurt. Return mixture to same saucepan. Bring to boil over a high heat, whisking continuously. Then cook, whisking, for a further 2 minutes. Transfer to large bowl. Cool slightly.
- Place one of the pastry stacks in prepared pan to cover base, trimming to fit if necessary. Pour over custard. Top with remaining trimmed pastry stack. Press down onto custard. Cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, lift slice from pan. Cut into squares. Dust with combined sifted icing sugar and cinnamon.