100 g unsalted butter chopped, at room temperature
1 cup caster sugar (220 g)
2 tsps vanilla bean paste
1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
1.5 cups self-raising flour (240 g)
½ cup milk (125 ml)
25 g unsalted butter melted
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tblsps caster sugar
300 ml double cream to serve
- Grease a 22cm round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Place butter, sugar, paste and rind in small bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined. Transfer to large bowl.
- Add flour and milk in two batches. Stir until combined. Spoon into prepared cake pan. Smooth over top.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C) for about 35 minutes, or until cooked when tested. Stand in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a serving plate. Brush top with extra butter. Sprinkle with combined cinnamon and extra sugar.
- Serve hot teacake with a dollop of double cream.