8 veal osso buco pieces (2.1 kg)
8 eschalots, peeled
1 cup white wine
2 x 410 g can duo tomatoes and paste
1½ cups beef stock
1 ½ cups mixed marinated olives (300 g)
Fresh oregano, to garnish (optional)
Cooked rissoni, to serve (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add veal in two batches. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to a removable bowl of a 5 to 6-litre slow cooker.
- Reduce heat to medium. Heat another 1 tbsp olive oil in same pan. Add eschalots. Cook, stirring occasionally, until browned. Add wine. Boil until reduced by half. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Combine tomatoes with stock in a large jug. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cover with lid.
- Cook on low heat for about 7 hours, or until meat is tender. Stir in olives.
- Garnish with oregano. Serve with risoni.